Gnocchi with Morel Mushroom Ragout
April 17, 2014
- 1/2 lb Morel Mushrooms, Cleaned
- 1 lb Fresh Potato Gnocchi
- 1 Small Shallot, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Bunch Asparagus, Blanced and cut into 1
- 1/2 cup Fava Beans, blanched
- 1/4 cup Butter, cubed
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsps Chopped Fresh Herbs, such as Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, Tarragon, or Chives
- Splash White Wine
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Drizzle olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add in the gnocchi and let caramelize, sautéing gently to prevent the gnocchi from burning.
- Add in the mushrooms and the shallots, season with salt and pepper and sauté. Stir in the garlic until fragrant and then pour in the wine to deglaze.
- Once the wine has all but evaporated, add in a quarter of the cup of chicken stock, and a portion of the butter. Gently stir together so that the stock begins to form a thick sauce.
- Add in another quarter of the stock and portion of the butter and stir together.
- Add in the vegetables and adjust the seasoning, then add the remainder of the stock and butter.
- Stir in the fresh herbs until the sauce is thick and glossy and coats the gnocchi and vegetables.
- Promptly remove from the heat, and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese shavings.