Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard
Rutherford | Napa Valley
The history of Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard is immense. Records show that a portion of this vineyard was planted in 1895 by Mrs. Thomas Rutherford. This 300-acre parcel first purchased by Beaulieu founder Georges de Latour in 1928 and called Beaulieu Vineyard Number 3, was the home of BV’s Rutherford Cabernets made by the renowned winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff. These wines achieved wide acclaim in the 1960’s and 70’s, establishing BV’s preeminence in the making of fine Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Purchased by Beckstoffer Vineyards in 1988, the vineyard has since been replanted using new Cabernet Sauvignon clones with tighter spacing and advanced trellising systems, enhancing both quality and grape tonnage.
|SOIL:||Relatively deep, well-drained alluvial Pleasanton gravelly loam.|
|SITE & B CELLARS BLOCKS:||Located on the eastern side of the Rutherford Bench with eastern and western exposure. This site has gently sloped terrain. Block B2a|
|CLIMATE:||An early morning fog layer burns off around 9 a.m., giving way to long, warm, sunny summer days. Late afternoon breezes come over the Mayacamas Mountains from the Pacific. This AVA has large daytime-to-nighttime temperature fluctuation.|